1. Weight loss: Peppers contain a chemical which is known as capsaicin, which is actually what gives peppers their hot properties. Capsaicin is also suitable for helping you lose weight. It completely burns away all the fats and calories.
2. Arthritis: Capsaicin is a chemical which acts as an anti-inflammatory that makes it ideal for reducing pain and swelling in those who suffer from the problem of arthritis.
3. Cancer: The capsaicin chemical that is present in peppers are very helpful in killing some cancer cells, specifically the prostate cancer cells in the human body.
4. Headaches: The capsaicin present in peppers blocks or obstructs a body chemical called Neuropeptide, also known as Substance P, which is a primary pain transmitter to the human brain. This implies that peppers can help to ease the headache pains.
5. Nasal Congestion: The heat in peppers, which is again caused by capsaicin, helps clear nasal congestion and sinuses. It also helps to fight sinus infections by cleansing the nasal airways.
6. Ulcers: Peppers kill harmful bacteria from the stomach and intestines, and often this bacteria is what leads to stomach ulcers.
7. High Blood Pressure: Jalapenos are chilli pepper, and chilli peppers commonly have lots of flavonoids, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which helps lower one’s blood pressure.
8. Fluid Loss: Excessive fluid in the body is not suitable for the heart. When fluid builds up around the human heart, it tends to put a strain on it and potentially damages the heart. Peppers, however, cause you to sweat. The more you sweat, the lesser is the fluid in your body which can save you from any heart problems.
9. Heart Attack: The peppers inhibit the build-up of a non-globular protein called fibrin in the body. Fibrin is a major ingredient responsible for forming blood clots.
10. Anti-Oxidant Properties: Peppers have antioxidant properties because of the flavonoids and vitamins found in jalapeno peppers. These peppers are excellent anti-oxidants, which mean that they work within the bloodstream to help the body fight off and heal from damaging cells.
Source: Roots juices