Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of ancient India developed Ayurveda, a 5000 year old science,which continues to be one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realizing their full human potential. The two main guiding principles of Ayurveda are
- the mind and the body are inextricably connected, and
- nothing has more power to heal and transform the body than the mind.
Our Ayurvedic Juices are named after the 3 doshas in our body.
1. Vatta Dosha -- Energy that controls bodily functions associated with motion, including blood circulation, breathing, blinking, and your heartbeat.
- In balance: There is creativity and vitality.
- Out of balance: Can produce fear and anxiety.
Ingredients like beetroots, carrots, cherries, lime, sweet food like fruits, more grains, nuts, seeds, oils are all vatta pacifying diets. Sour additions like lemons, grapefruits and oranges are also appropriate. Vatta dosha person has to minimize pungent, bitter and astringent taste.
2. Pitta Dosha -- Energy that controls the body's metabolic systems, including digestion, absorption, nutrition, and your body's temperature.
- In balance: Leads to contentment and intelligence.
- Out of balance: Can cause ulcers and anger.
Pitta is balanced by a diet of fresh, whole foods (both cooked and raw) that are cooling, hearty, energizing, comparatively dry, and high in carbohydrates. These foods calm pitta by decreasing internal heat, preventing inflammation, balancing the digestive fire, grounding the body, and by absorbing excess liquid and oil. Because pitta is relatively substantive in nature, an appropriate diet is actually a very effective way to support a return to balance. What follows are some specific principles that we hope will empower you in discovering a pitta pacifying diet that works for you. Ingredients like nuts especially almonds, dates are favorable for Pitta Dosha. . They prefer cool over warm or hot , dense and nourishing over light and dry over oily.Minimize pungent, sour and salty flavors.
3. Kapha Dosha -- Energy that controls growth in the body. It supplies water to all body parts, moisturizes the skin, and maintains the immune system.
- In balance: Expressed as love and forgiveness.
- Out of balance: Can lead to insecurity and envy.
- Fruits are great for Kapha Dosha.Lighter fruits, such as apples and pears, are better. ...
- Honey is excellent for reducing Kapha. ...
- Reduce all nuts.
- Grains. Most grains are fine, especially barley and millet. ...
- Spices and Vegetables are also fine.